Beyond the Wedding
Tips & Tricks to Keep that Love Alive!
1. Have boundaries set around your immediate or nuclear family. Have individual, couples & family time built into your routine and redefined lines of connection with each spouse's family of origin.
2. Touch each other often. Have a good connection around non-sexual physical touching, hand holding, kissing hello & goodbye, laying together, sitting on the couch next to each other.
3. Say I love you to one another. Hearing this is reassuring about the way your partner feels about your relationship. It's a small gesture that can keep your connection alive. Call each other during the day to say it if you miss your chance in the morning.
4. Have regular physical dates. Having an ongoing sexual relationship in your is important. Couple in their 20's average relations 2-4 times a week, couples in their 30's twice per week, 40's & 50's once to twice per week.
5. Compliment your partner in front of other people. Not only is it a nice thing to do, it helps your partner feel a deep sense of to you as well as builds their self-esteem.
6.Regularly give each other small gifts or gestures of loving and caring behaviors. Write your spouse a loving note, get them a special treat from the store or when you go on a business trip, write I love you in lipstick on the bathroom mirror one morning.
7.. Have regular weekly dates to keep your connection alive and have regular weekly couple's business meetings to discuss ongoing family "business" including the division of roles and household duties, weekly plans and items that need to be discussed in the relationship. (Check out this awesome website for more info)
I’m obssessed with personality tests! Especially ones that help me understand my hubby better! Also they’re super fun to do!
FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES - https://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/couples/
16 PERSONALITIES - https://www.16personalities.com
THE FOUR TEMPERAMENTS - https://psychologia.co/four-temperaments-test/
Other Amazing Resources
Pre marriage Counselling Services
The Hart Centre - http://www.thehartcentre.com.au/our-counselling/pre-marriage-insight-program/
Relationships Australia - https://www.relationshipswa.org.au/en/courses-and-seminars/all-courses-and-seminars/Together-Forever